Customers love discounts and deals. Putting a product on sale or showing that this very price is less than a customer will find elsewhere is a great way to get more orders. And this is how the Sale price feature works.
To show that a product is on sale, you can set the "Compare to" price for it. This price will be struck out to demonstrate the discount. The product will also have an ON SALE label. Here is how it looks in the catalogue:
And here how it looks in the product page:
- Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalogue → Products.
- Open the product you want to edit.
- Click the arrow next to the price:
- Add the "Compare to" price. This price will be struck out and must be higher than the actual price you sell for:
- Save the changes.
You can set the display options and wording of the Compare to prices in your Ecwid Control Panel → Settings → General → Cart & Checkout, "Compare to" price section. There you can set:
- where to display "Compare to" prices (product details pages only or both product listing and product details pages)
- what text to show at "Compare to" prices (e.g. 'was', 'List price' etc.)
- how to display discount values (in percentages or absolute values)