The 1&1 Website Builder layouts are templates that provide a basis for creating modern and professional websites. All layouts are already optimised for smartphones and tablets and adapt automatically to the different screen sizes.
- If you aborted the layout selection immediately after making your purchase, your new website was created with the default design.
- You cannot change the layout directly in the editor.
Tip: each layout can be customised to meet your needs. You can find additional tips and tricks for designing your website at:
To open the layout selection function again, you first have to reset your website in the 1&1 Control Centre.
- Log in to your 1&1 Control Centre and select the relevant package.
US Control Panel
CA Control Panel
- Click the 1&1 Website Builder link under the MY PRODUCTS section of the Control Panel.
- Click the arrow icon under Reset website.
Warning: if you reset your website, all its settings and data such as the layout, content and backups will be lost! You cannot undo this process and all data will be reset permanently.
- Read the warnings and click Reset Website.
- Click Create website.
- Select the desired domain and click Next.
- Enter your data and click Next.
- Click Set up website.
- Select a layout for your website.